The overall achievement of the Terengganu Pro-Asia Cycling Team (TPCT) has been exceptionally positive and beyond expectations.
The establishment of the TSG team is a testament to the success of the Terengganu State Government in strategizing the state and national sports sector.
In the 2022 season, TSG dominated the UCI Asia Tour, earning 118 podium finishes and ranking 31st globally among 212 professional teams, including 3rd among UCI Continental Teams out of 178.
In 2020, Mohd Harrif Saleh made history as the first Asian cyclist to win three stages in Le Tour de Langkawi. He secured one victory in 2019 and two more the following year. Additionally, he became the first local rider to triumph in a UCI Europe Tour race in Turkey in 2021.
The TSG team achieved remarkable success at the 26th Le Tour de Langkawi in October 2022, winning the Red Jersey for King of the Mountains, the White Jersey for Best Asian Rider, and the title of Best Asian Team.
In 2023, TSG represented Malaysia at the 32nd SEA Games in Cambodia, with Nur Amirull Fakhruddin winning a gold medal in the Cycling Road Mass Start event. Mohamad Nur Aiman Zariff secured a gold medal at the National Road Championship in Melaka.
For the 2023 season, TSG emerged as the UCI Asia Tour champion and the Best Continental Team globally, securing the 29th position out of 215 teams.
The team’s consistent success, managed by 90% local talents from Terengganu, attracted sponsorships for the 2024 season from the Terengganu State Government and private companies from Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, and Singapore.
LIST OF ELITE RIDERS FOR THE 2024 SEASON:
- Mohd Harrif bin Saleh – Malaysia
- Nur Amirull Fakhruddin bin Mazuki – Malaysia
- Irwandie bin Lakasek – Malaysia
- Mohamad Nur Aiman bin Mohd Zariff – Malaysia
- Wan Abdul Rahman bin Hamdan – Malaysia
- Kee Zhe Yie – Malaysia
- Muhammad Shahmir Aiman bin Abd Halim – Malaysia
- Zuladri Amin bin Zulkurnain – Malaysia
- Aiman Cahyadi – Indonesia
- Jesse Ewart – Ireland
- Youcef Reguigui – Algeria
- Metkel Eyob Teweldeberhan – Eritrea
- Anatolii Budiak – Ukraine
NEW LOCAL RIDER FOR THE 2024 SEASON:
- Nur Aiman bin Rosli – Malaysia
NEW IMPORTED RIDER FOR THE 2024 SEASON:
- Andreas Miltiadis – Cyprus
- Merhawi Kudus Ghebremedhin – Eritrea
LIST OF TSG CYCLING ACADEMY RIDERS:
- Saniy Syahmi bin Safiee – Malaysia
- Muhamad Qayyim bin Mohd Saipul Anuwai – Malaysia
- Muhammad Haizam bin Mohd Shabri – Malaysia
- Muhammad Hafiz bin Abdul Aziz – Malaysia
- Mohammad Faizal Izuddin bin Ahmad Joyo – Malaysia
- Zulfahmi Aiman bin Zulkurnain – Malaysia