As the ultimate GPS bike computer, the Garmin Edge 1040 Solar as its name suggests, features a Power GlassTM solar charging lens, giving cyclists, even more, ride time between charges – up to 100 hours in battery saver mode.
Furthermore, the multi-band GNSS technology present within both the Garmin Edge 1040 Solar and non-solar helps provide improved GPS positioning in challenging environments.
Packed with state-of-the-art navigation, performance, safety, and connectivity features, the Garmin Edge 1040 Series boasts a modernized user experience, giving cyclists easier access to key information, the ability to customize the home page, and an improved ride summary view, all in a 3.5-inch touchscreen display.
What’s new on the Edge 1040 Series:
● Solar charging: The power Glass solar charging lens extends the battery life to up to 100 hours in battery saver mode, giving cyclists an additional 42 minutes per hour during daytime riding.1
● Multi-band GNSS technology: Receive better positional accuracy and coverage, even in the most challenging environments.
● Cycling ability2 and course demand: Classify strengths and weaknesses as a cyclist, focus on improvement, and prepare for the demands of a specific course.
● Power guide: Recommended power targets make it easier to manage efforts throughout a course.2
● Real-time stamina insights: Monitor and track exertion levels in real-time during a ride.2
● Simple setup: Custom ride profiles prepopulate based on previous Edge data, ride types, and sensors. From there, cycling activity profiles can be managed directly on your compatible smartphone from the Garmin ConnectTM smart device app.
Available now on Shopee and all Garmin authorized retailers, the Garmin Edge 1040 Series is priced respectively at RM 3,450 for the non-solar version and RM 3,699 for the Edge 1040 Solar version.