- adidas shows the value of staying in your comfort zone with the launch of the all-new Supernova, rejecting the commonly held belief that progress only comes when you push yourself out of it
- The new shoe has a 12% lower carbon footprint for the female version and 10% lower carbon footprint for the male version compared to a previous model
- adidas Supernova will be available via the adidas app, online and in store from 7 July
Who says running needs to be uncomfortable?
The all-new adidas Supernova 2 is designed to help you run comfortably every time, on any terrain.
From a precisely balanced mix of Bounce and increased Boost in the midsole to a new padded tongue and heel patch construction, experience comfort with every step.
After being told for years that nothing good happens in the comfort zone and that results can only be achieved by pushing out of it, the new adidas Supernova is set to change the game. Encouraging new runners to embrace their comfort zones, the shoe is designed to help them discover the joys of running and make it a long-term habit.
Runners of all abilities can benefit and improve their running performance even while staying in their comfort zone. Training within your comfort zone not only helps runners to establish a sustainable habit, but it can also help them develop confidence in their running and selves.
The running shoe is now made with a lower carbon footprint of 12% compared to the 2020 Supernova.
The Supernova 2 not only incorporates advancements in technology and comfort, but also in sustainability. The new product has a 12% lower carbon footprint for the female version and 10% lower carbon footprint for the male version compared to a previous model, marking the first time that adidas has created an entry level product with such a low carbon footprint at scale.
From raw material extraction, processing, packaging, all the way to the end of product’s life, adidas calculate and communicate its carbon footprint, conforming to an internationally recognized standard. The concise footprint results made available to consumers provides full transparency on the complete lifecycle of the product.
Crafted with the specific needs of entry-level runners in mind, the key features of the new adidas Supernova are:
- Comfort meets energy – the precisely balanced mix of bounce and boost in the midsole is designed to deliver comfort and energy return with every stride
- Padded tongue & heel – the new padded tongue and heel construction delivers a comfortable feeling from the outset
- Grip for any terrain – the direct injected TPU outsole is designed to deliver grip, resulting in a comfortable run on any terrain
- Created through a female lens – the shoe has been crafted to deliver a tailored fit for women, with a silhouette that mirrors the anatomy of the female foot, ensuring that women feel comfortable and supported on their runs